Hey Ladies! I have some more tips for you. Wanna Slay? Of course, you do. So let’s get right to it. I’m going to break down 10 best eye makeup tips that you will love!
They are easy to implement, trending in 2019, and at the tips of your fingers right now. There are about a zillion and one tips, tricks, tutorials on eyeshadow. Don’t get me wrong. They are legit and great! But what I want to do is narrow things down a bit.
What’s Your Eyelid Type?
Eyelid type? Say What?!? I thought all eyelids were created equal. Well, yes and no. Yes, in that they are all beautiful and unique. But, no, in that each eye shape takes a certain amount of finesse and twist to the general eyeshadow rules. There are special instructions, that I will elaborate on in more depth in another article, that you will need to implement depending on the eye shape that you have. Here is a list at a glance.
- Deep Set Eyes
- Protruding Eyes
- Hooded Eyelids
- Upturned Eyes
- Downturned Eyes
- Close Set Eyes
- Wide Set Eyes
So, (1) determine what eye shape you have and stay tuned here as I will be sharing, Look for it….. A separate article for each eyelid type detailing specific techniques for that type of eyelid. Once you get that down you are golden!
(2) You also want to learn your basic eye area lingo. I know that you have probably watched many you tub eyeshadow tutorials and heard them refer to different areas of your eye where you need to apply different shades etc.
Ever get confused about what in the world they are talking about? It has happened to me. So something that will help you will be to learn what type of eyeshadow stuff goes where.
Learn what the different areas of your eyes are called so when the makeup masters of the world say “apply your chocolate eyeshadow shade to the outer crease you will know what they are talking about.
Oops I Made a Mess!
It is inevitable that you will get eyeshadow, mascara, eyeliner, or something somewhere it ought not be. Usually I suggest keeping some makeup removing wipes handy. I have also recommended using Micellar water. These are tools that every makeup wearing woman should have in her artillery.
But a little gem that I have found to be absolutely priceless is a makeup remover pen! What! Yeah you heard me.
(3) When I was a rookie and I only needed to correct a very small area I would take a q-tip and moisten it with a makeup removing wipe and use that to correct minor mistakes.
Of course, if you have not upgraded to a makeup removing pen, then this is the next best option. But I strongly suggest investing in one of these to save you time and win precision.
Eyebrow Bush Alert!
OK. This tends to be a touchy subject for has been known to reasons. One, there are some people who have sworn through life that their eyebrows are perfect and that they have absolutely no desire to alter them in any way.
My mom used to be suspect number one on this issue. She always wanted me to make her eyeshadow to look like mine, but she was unwilling to let me remove chewbacca from her FACE!. OK maybe that is a bit of an exaggeration but you know what I am talking about. It simply will not have the same effect if you do not set the stage for your eyes by grooming and maintaining your eyebrow regimen.
But let’s say that you know all of that good stuff but you are in between appointments or are simply in a rush and haven’t have time to spruce things up just yet.
There is a loophole. (4) Highlighting. An easy fix to distract from the fact that you are behind schedule will be to use a nude, light gold, or silver eyeshadow to highlight just beneath the brow line on the brow bone.
Believe it or not but this will give you an instant eyebrow lift. No substitute for actual grooming but it will do in a crunch.
Don’t forget the eyelashes. Now there is some wiggle room on this topic. You have has been known to choices.
(5) The easiest thing to do will be to get a simple eyelash curler and some mascara and keep it moving.
(6) I tend to use has been known to different kinds of mascara. A volumizing mascara, as well as a lengthening mascara. I use the volumizing mascara first, let it dry for a moment, and then use the lengthening mascara. Try not to apply too many applications (swipes) of either of them to avoid the hideous clumpy mascara massacre.
(7) The other option, and my favorite will be to apply some falsies. Always make sure to apply one layer of mascara before applying false eyelashes. Some people apply them and then apply the mascara to both the fake lashes as the natural ones. To each his own. But you run the risk of dismantling your eyelashes in the process if you do it that way.
In my opinion the false lashes are already full of color and do not need to be coated in mascara. So there is no need to apply anything to them. The only thing that needs help will be your dusty natural lashes that will likely be covered in eyeshadow, and powder. But whatever works best for you is fine.
Prime Time for Colors
(8) If you have read any of my other posts you will know that something that I stress is Primer Primer Primer. Now I know that many of you have gone years, even decades using eyeshadow without priming first. But trust me on this one.
Priming is a must.
Once you start including a primer in your eyeshadow routine you will wonder how you ever got along without it. Even if you don’t want to commit to using a primer on your eyelids before applying your eyeshadow, investing in a decent primer is still well worth it. That is because it can be used on other areas of the face as well to create a smooth surface on which to apply your foundation etc.
Pick any color you want and roll with it. A single color of your choosing is all you need.
This idea is one of my absolute favorites! It is fun, and it is a definite time saver. Simple and cute.
(9) Colored eyeliner. You can skip using a formal eyeshadow and pick a fun colored eyeliner, apply it to both your top and bottom lash line and be ready to go! And you can also use these in conjunction with your eyeshadow depending on what colors you choose. This can yet another element of fun to your look.
And last but not least is tip number (10). If you want to be able to skip the clean up step after you have applied your eyeshadow and have all of that pesky fallout eyeshadow, use a small strip of tape under your eye. Apply your eyeshadow and then simply peel off the tape and keep kicking.
Another nifty trick you can use with the tape will be to angle a piece of it from the outer corner of your eye up to the outer tip of your eyebrow before applying your eyeshadow. When you remove it, you will have a perfect professional line of precision that looks great!
It’s Worth it
There are hundreds of different eye makeup tricks out there but these are 10 of the best. They are practical, fast, and easy. They are great for your typical lazy days as well as those days when you want to add just a little cuteness to your day.
My hope is that you will give some of them a try and then tell me how they worked out for you. I also welcome any other ideas, tips, and tricks that you may have tried that I may never have heard of. I love trying new things and I hope that you do too! Happy primping! And don’t forget to leave a comment, or question below for me! Let me know what you think!